- One icon per member for each contest.
- Icons submitted must fit LJ requirements (100x100 max, under 40kb, and be a .jpg, .gif, or .png) and relate to the current contest. Also, due to the spirit of this community, must be made from photo(s) that you yourself have taken.
- The icons must be new, while the photograph(s) that you make the icon from can be old/new/whatever (just as long as you have taken it).
- No advertising your icon! Do not show your icon/distribute it until after the contest is over.
- Vote truthfully. Do not vote for yourself just because you want to win. Do not get your friends to vote for you.
- No icon can win more than 2 categories in a contest. If an icon has won more than 2, then the mods will choose runner-ups in the extra categories to be the winners.
- Best Caption: For the icon that uses text to give that extra kick.
- Best Wordless: For the icon that speaks more without words.
- Best Technical Skills: For the icon that demonstrates the creator's skillful mastering of photography and/or image-editing techniques.
- Best Color: For the icon that most effectively uses color (or the lack thereof).
- Best Photo: For the icon with the best picture.
- Best Overall: For the icon that is just the best.
Suggestions for Categories (any improvements, add, delete, etc.)?
Also, the first contest will start Monday, November 22nd!